There have now been two occasions in my life where I have waited up the night anticipating the arrival of my child. The night before our Bird was born, I remember tossing and turning and sitting up pretty much all night while my wonderful husband slept peacefully. Tonight I am doing the same. It's a different anticipation, yet this night feels so very familiar. Yes, I'm in a foreign land and the circumstances are extremely different, but the anticipation of the heart opening for one more little person to take over is exactly the same. It's strange to think that in a few short hours I will have two children. My two little shining stars who will dominate my world and heart. I awoke from what little stretch of sleep I had with a hymn of praise going through my mind. I have to say that God did a wonderful thing when he created motherhood. It is truly life's best job and greatest joy. Though I love being a nurse and teaching more than anything I could imagine, that role will never top that of being a mother. I have so much at this very moment to be thankful for...I just praise the Lord tonight for my sweet little (almost member of four) family...my best friend who is sleeping soundly next to me (how he is sleeping so soundly I don't know?), my little Bird who at this moment is at the Animal Kingdom NOT missing me, and for my little sweet girl just down the road who at this moment is probably sleeping not knowing that her whole world is about to turn upside down. Praise the Lord indeed.
January 23, 2008
Motherhood
There have now been two occasions in my life where I have waited up the night anticipating the arrival of my child. The night before our Bird was born, I remember tossing and turning and sitting up pretty much all night while my wonderful husband slept peacefully. Tonight I am doing the same. It's a different anticipation, yet this night feels so very familiar. Yes, I'm in a foreign land and the circumstances are extremely different, but the anticipation of the heart opening for one more little person to take over is exactly the same. It's strange to think that in a few short hours I will have two children. My two little shining stars who will dominate my world and heart. I awoke from what little stretch of sleep I had with a hymn of praise going through my mind. I have to say that God did a wonderful thing when he created motherhood. It is truly life's best job and greatest joy. Though I love being a nurse and teaching more than anything I could imagine, that role will never top that of being a mother. I have so much at this very moment to be thankful for...I just praise the Lord tonight for my sweet little (almost member of four) family...my best friend who is sleeping soundly next to me (how he is sleeping so soundly I don't know?), my little Bird who at this moment is at the Animal Kingdom NOT missing me, and for my little sweet girl just down the road who at this moment is probably sleeping not knowing that her whole world is about to turn upside down. Praise the Lord indeed.