October 16, 2007

Care Package

One of the families who is ahead of us in this process will get to travel next week to meet and adopt their son from the same orphanage as our baby girl in Vietnam. They have offered to hand carry a care package to her and we are so appreciative. The tradition is usually to pack a one gallon zip-lock so that you don't take up too much of their luggage space. H and I went last night and picked out three pairs of pants, two shirts, a hat, tiny blanket, and two toys. We washed everything to make it clean and soft and I tucked the blanket into bed with Bird so that it might smell like home. When it was stuffed, the zip-lock looked like it would explode. Packing everything into the bag was so wonderful because I knew that when it was opened that she might have something from us. Here are pictures of her first care package :)